“Education is when you read the fine print.
Experience is what you get if you don’t.”
Pete Seeger, folk musician.
I’ve learned from my mistakes.
- I’ve learned that, if something looks a little bit too good to be true, then it most likely is too good to be true.
- I’ve learned that contracts should always, always, always be checked out by a solicitor.
- I’ve learned that contracts, no matter how clearly they’re written, can be interpreted differently by the parties involved.
- I’ve learned that contracts can be completely ignored by some people, rendering them worthless.
- I’ve learned that letting someone else publish your book via an internationally accessible self-publishing outlet, rather than doing it yourself, is not only stupid, but also a waste of time and money.
I’ve learned a lot in the last two years, and I’m very grateful to Night Publishing and their subsequent reincarnations for giving me…
View original post 1,368 more words